Rent Pressure Zone
A rent pressure zone is an area where annual rent increases have been at 7% or more in four of the last six quarters and where the rent levels are already above the national average and in these areas, rent increases will be capped at 4% per annum over a three-year period.
The Housing Agency works with the local Authority to apply these areas in the rent pressure zone but not all properties are covered by the 4% increase. Properties that are new to the market or have gone under substantial change can be exempted and resulting in Market Value.
Areas in rent pressure zones:
- Ballincollig – Carrigaline, Co. Cork
- Galway City Central
- Galway City East
- Galway City West
- Celbridge – Leixlip, Co. Kildare
- Naas, Co. Kildare
- Kildare – Newbridge
- Ashbourne, Co. Meath
- Laytown – Bettystown, Co. Meath
- Rathoath, Co. Meath
- Bray, Co. Wicklow
- Wicklow, Co. Wicklow
- Dublin City Council
- South Dublin County Council
- Dun Laoghaire/ Rathdown County Council
- Fingal County Council
- Cork City Council
- Greystones, Wicklow County Council
- Drogheda, Louth County Council
For more information contact one of our agents.